Before use, ensure that the goalpost is secured at all times by means
of the appropriate supplied anchoring system. This applied to all
posts whether they are fixed, portable or free-standing. All goalposts
should be either anchored, weighted, pinned, chained, pegged or otherwise
made secure so as to prevent overturning.
2. Before assembly of equipment check that it is not damaged and that
it is fit for use. Check for damages to nets, joints and that locking
devices are in good working condition.
3. Check that the equipment for securing the product is intact and
in good working order.
4. When goalposts that are tall or heavy are being erected/ assembled,
it is recommended that heavy lifting equipment is used and that the
correct tools for the job are used at all times. Assembly and erection
of goals should be carried out by sufficient number of persons.
5. Consideration should be given to the proximity of overhead electrical
cables during the erection and transportation of gaelic goalposts.
6. When dismantling goalposts follow the assembly instructions and
recommendations. Ensure all ground sockets have been suitably blanked
off when goalposts have been taken out to eliminate trip hazards.
7. Portable goalposts should be dismantled or removed to a secure
area when not in use following the recommended storage instructions
by the manufacturer/owner.
8. Moving: if a piece of equipment must be moved, and no transportation
wheels are provided, the equipment should be lifted by a sufficient
number of competent persons to prevent injury and to prevent damage
to the product.
9. Procurement: All new Goalposts should be purchased from manufacturers
/suppliers that comply with the following standards I.S.EN 748/ I.S.EN
749 I.S.EN 750 and BS 8462 BS PAS 36.
10. Maintenance: regular maintenance of goalposts is essential to
ensure that it is fit for use.